Monday, September 23, 2013

Rush 1

I attend Cornish this year as a Senior in the Theater department with an emphasis in Original Work. I'm also stepping outside of my major this year taking a Sculpture class. Using any medium at hand. Becoming a bricoleur instead of an engineer. An interesting, inspiring and engaging task. Outside I work mostly in Pike Place selling pasta. I'm a movie whore, so whenever I get a chance, that's something I'm doing. I love photography, collage making, and am also a singer/songwriter. These things I partake in a lot in my free time.
When I was younger an old friend and I used to make a web-series, that only really got as far as Facebook and Youtube, called OddMoments Productions, and weekly we'd put out a series of shorts. Extremely goofy, absurd, but fun. I've made a few shorts on my own but the only professional thing I have done was this last summer. I got flown out to Philadelphia and starred in an independent feature length about young punk kids in the 80s called The Bhakti Boy. (it's on facebook!) Which was an amazing experience. Television and I have always had a love/hate relationship. But movies and I have always been hopeless romantics towards one another.

I hope to expand my horizons and stretch my knowledge of this cinematic world.
For the final project, which I do not know yet, but I think, I want to do something collaborative, creative, engaging, thought provoking, using cinematography with an emphasis on performance art and interdisciplinary activities in a natural setting (outside of a classroom, and in a coffee shop, etc)


1 comment:

  1. Is there anyone at Cornish who does NOT work at the Pike Place pasta stand? Say hello to Jo for me when you see her! Thanks for establishing the blog, by the way. I'm anxious to check out Bhakti Boy, and I'd like to see some of the OddMoments Productions stuff too.

    100/100

    CS

    ReplyDelete